Saturday, July 11, 2015

Altogether Lovely

 His mouth is most sweet, Yes, he is altogether lovely. This is my beloved, And this is my friend, O daughters of Jerusalem!
Song of Solomon 5:16


The daughters of Jerusalem asked the Shulamite about her love for Solomon. She delighted at the opportunity to talk about him, describing him in great detail.

Now, if they asked me the following question about Jesus, this is how I would expand on the Shulamite’s description:

What is your beloved more than another beloved?

-My Beloved is white and ruddy, chief among ten thousand.
-He is pure and unspotted, filled with the beauty of holiness.
-The unsaved world will never even begin to understand it, but He is more precious to me than anything money can buy.
-My Beloved is highly exalted and has a name above every name.
-His love knows no measure for He loved me unto death, even the death of the cross.
-Nothing can separate me from the love of Christ – not problems or opposition, circumstances or distress; His love breaks through them all.
-He is faithful and true, gentle, long-suffering, unchangeable and always near.
-Yes, He is Altogether Lovely. This is my Beloved and this is my friend.


No comments:

Post a Comment