Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Christ Our Life

When Christ who is our life appears, then you also will appear with Him in glory.
Colossians 3:4
I really feel sorry for all those who have bought into the lie of evolution. Instead of seeing the intelligent design that is woven into every cell of every living thing, they are taught that life began by accident, proceeds by accident, and ends by accident. That is not exactly a message of purpose or hope.
The gospel message is different. People were made in the image of God (Genesis 1:27) and were put on earth for a reason, to give glory and honor to God (Revelations 4:11). People can know Christ who is our life and knowing Him leads to glory (Colossians 3:4).
It’s interesting that in the verse above, “who is” is in italics. This means that those words don’t appear in the original Greek so the title actually reads “Christ our life.” Jesus Christ is the source of life and people don’t really live until the Savior comes into their lives.
Jesus said, “…I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly” (John 10:10). Paul said, “For me to live is Christ and to die is gain” (Philippians 1:21).           
I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me” (Galatians 2:20).
To them God willed to make known what are the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles: which is Christ in you, the hope of glory” (Colossians 1:27).
When people believe that human life was not created on purpose, then, the only conclusion is that life has no purpose. However, for the believer. Christ Our Life gives both direction and reason to live in this crazy world.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment