Friday, September 4, 2015

Heavenly Man

As was the man of dust, so also are those who are made of dust; and as is the heavenly Man, so also are those who are heavenly.And as we have borne the image of the man of dust, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly Man.1 Corinthians 15:48, 49
 In 1994, Danny DeVito starred in the motion picture Renaissance Man. In the film, he uses many talents to motivate an underachieving bunch of army recruits to complete basic training. Most of us at some point in our lives have experienced a Renaissance Man or Woman (often a school teacher) that has inspired us to succeed in areas in which we considered ourselves failures.
The Lord Jesus is so much more than that; He’s the Heavenly Man. He lifts us out of the dust of planet Earth and gets us ready for heaven. He’s busy now getting our accommodations ready in heaven and since He is the Way, He’s made the travel arrangements.
I fully expect to see Christ as soon as I get to heaven. My main reason for even going there is to see Him. Without Him, I wouldn’t know where to go or what to do. How much do you tip an angel for opening up the pearly gates or do they even do that up there? I have so many questions, so it’s always great when you visit a strange place you’ve never been to before to know somebody there.
Jesus is the Heavenly Man; He’s from around those parts and is my contact in the afterlife. Traveling is always a little scary, especially when you don’t know the language, you’re going to be there a long time, and there're no plans to return home. But it’s not going to be that way for me. I know that hundreds of millions of Christians will be there already and probably thousands will arrive the same day I get there, but the Lord will still have time for me; after all, He always has. He’s my go-to man; He’s my Heavenly Man.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment